World scientific and technological revolution put forward higher requirements for talents with date science knowledge. On September in 2020, School of Mathematics, Tianjin University, will launch Data Science and Big Data Analysis Online Program, based on the ASEAN oriented countries and regions along The Belt and Road. It will last three months on the Internet.
The program includes course learning and research practice on the topic of data science and big data analysis, as well as the courses involve Chinese learning and Chinese cultural experience. Online courses normally be scheduled on weekday evenings and part of weekends.
The program is for the students, teachers, technicians and administrative staff who engage in education, computer, internet, intelligent manufacturing, marine science, biotechnology and other fields. It will effectively consolidate knowledge in data science, deepen understanding of big data analysis and cultivate mathematical thoughts. It will also promote the collaboration of China-ASEAN in science, technology, education and culture.
The tuition waiver. Students with good performance could get exquisite prizes. Students who have completed the program will be awarded a completion certificate.
II. Core Course
Introduction to Data Science, Python foundation for Big data analysis, Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence, Big data statistics etc.
(According to the courses assignment)
III. Qualification of applicants
1. Applicants should be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, applicants who are from countries and regions along The Belt and Road are prioritized;
2. Be in good health;
3. Be over the age of 18 and under the age of 45.；
Undergraduates of any major, applicants in mathematics and physics are preferable.
Postgraduates of any major, applicants in major other than mathematics and physics are preferable.
Faculty, officer or staff with a Bachler degree of any major.
5. Language requirements: TOEFL 80/IELTS 6.0 or equivalent English ability, able to perform in academic environments.
Jul, 20th-Aug 30th
Expected to recruit 30 people. Application will stop when the expected number is reached.
Make sure that you complete the online application as IV. and V. below.
We will send the Admission Notice to the final successful applicants by email.
Sep – Nov (Weekday evenings and part of weekends)
Week2- Week9 Course Learning
Week10- Week12 Research Practice
Week13 Presentation and Summary
Detailed Schedule will be posted to participants when approaching.
IV. How to apply
The applicants must fill in and submit the following application materials according to the facts.
1. Provide basic information through the link https://jinshuju.net/f/jDoC1A first.
2. Go to the online application portal at http://tju.at0086.cn/student .
3. Register and choose General Scholar.
4. Please choose School of Mathematics, Data Science and Big Data Analysis Online Program.
5. Fill in your application information.
6. Upload all the required materials.
V. Application materials
1. Highest diploma.
Diploma in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized
translations in Chinese or English, and the original must also be submitted.
2. Academic transcripts.
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized
translations in Chinese or English, the original must also be submitted.
3. If the applicant is a student, an official study proof must be submitted with the application.
If the applicant is employed, an official employment proof is must be submitted.
4. Photocopy of your valid passport.
VI. Fees (RMB)
1. The tuition waiver. Students with good performance get exquisite prizes.
2. Registration fee of 420 RMB must be transferred to Tianjin University bank account and the scanned counterfoil sent to TJU online Application System before Aug 30.
Note: When wiring tuition fee to the university bank account, you must fill in application number, applicant’s name and the program you are going to take.
School of Mathematics, Tianjin University
Contact: Zhao Yacong
School of International Education, Tianjin University